3 Day/ 2 Night Birding in Mindo Tour
Included in Tour:
- Lodging at Casa Divina Lodge, including all taxes
- All transportation including transfers Quito hotel - Casa Divina - Quito Hotel on first and last day
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 3
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Local, Licensed, English-speaking Birdguide (the tour guide will meet?you at Casa Divina Lodge)
- Drinking Water
- Coffee and Tea Service at the lodge
Not included in Tour:
- Beverages at Casa Divina Lodge
- Extra activities
Hotel Pick up in Quito.
Arrival at Casa Divina Lodge. Check-in
Dinner at Casa Divina Lodge.
Guided Night Walk. During the hike we can observe insects, frogs, fireflies, listen to the owls and watch the bats fly by.
Depart for Reserve Paz de Las Aves.
Arrive at Paz de Laz Aves Reserve. (1700 m/ 5,577 ft.) Cock-of-the-Rock Lek observation. Hike down observing other species like the Golden Tananger, Yellow-Throated Bush Tananger, Buff-Fronted Foliage Gleaner.
Return to Casa Divina Lodge. Breakfast.
Departure for Hummingbird Sanctuary and Milpe Reserve. Feeder observation for hummingbirds like Green Thorntail, Green-crowned Brilliant, Green-crowned Woodnymph and much more. Hike on trails in the reserve (1000m. /3280 ft) to observe lower elevation species like Golden-crowned Flycatcher, Slate-throated Whitestart, Scale-throated Foliage-gleaner, Buff-fronted Foliage-gleaner, Choco Toucan, Golden- headed Quetzal and Club-winged Manakin. Sack Lunch included.
Return back to Casa Divina Lodge.
Dinner and Lodging at Casa Divina Lodge
Birdwatching at Casa Divina Reserve.
Breakfast at Casa Divina Lodge.
Leave for hike along the San Lorenzo Ridge. Starting at 1200m Hiking up to 1400m. Hike, photographs, observation. Possible sightings are Chestnut-Manibled Toucan, Choco Toucan, Pale- Mandibled Aracari, Golden-Headed Quetzal, Guayaquil Wood pecker, Blue-Necked Tananger, among others.
Return to Casa Divina and in-house lunch. End of tour.
Return back to hotel in Quito.